Belleville, ON, Canada / Quinte News
The Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health Unit provided another weekly update on Thursday afternoon.
Dr. Ethan Toumishey hosted this week’s Facebook live event.
He encouraged people to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather while remembering to practice physical distancing and the importance of hand washing.
Toumishey told viewers the Health Unit will also be opening in-person services in the coming weeks and the services available include:
- Providing urgent sexual health services as needed.
- Offering urgent breastfeeding consults on an as-needed basis.
- Providing Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) treatment for those in need
- Administering birth control for those who are under the age of 26
- Providing access to screening for contacts of STIs
- Continuing inspections of food service settings, drinking water facilities, and migrant farm workers’ accommodations
In closing, he noted these updates will now come on a biweekly basis.